Friday, March 9, 2007

Tabash Debate Update

I just wanted to drop a quick note to let you all know that I am working on things with respect to the debate.
  1. Co-VPs Brandon and Ryan are graciously working on our advertising flyers
  2. Paul Manata, mentioned in an earlier post as a possible debate opponent, will not be able to come on March 25th; however, he will indeed be debating Eddie nonetheless -- here at UF this fall. Details will come soon.
  3. I've spoken with a lot of people (at least 10) who held a lot of potential, but for one reason or another couldn't make it as an opponent. I have about five outstanding invites that I am awaiting response on that are integral to the ability to make this a debate: Richard Horner, Todd Friel (Eddie's debate opponent the next day in Daytona; trying to see if he can work it out to come a day early), George Bowes, and a few people from the Dept. of Religion I wrote.
  4. I submitted a request to add our event to the Gator Times, Reitz Union Stuff to Do and UF's Calendar (I emailed calndar@nersp.osg.ufl.edu for that last one).
  5. I downloaded the form to use the Residential TV ad program (Ch. 68), and I'll be turning it in asap; props to Jessica for that
  6. I wrote Prof. Witmer about helping us procure the A/V equipment we need, I've yet to hear back from him, but I'll keep you posted
I'll keep you posted as details develop. I'm excited and I hope you are too. All info will be tagged "tabash", and you can access it here.
________________
Technorati tags: