Friday, April 13, 2007

CNN: Religion in the Workplace

I feel pretty ambivalent about this story (.wmv), in that I completely support civil liberties and Title VII, but I just don't know where the line gets drawn. If a pharmacist worked for my business and refused to fill certain prescriptions, I would want to fire him and hire another one. Do I not have that right? I am not discriminating because he's Christian, I am letting go of an employee who is costing my business money. Who has a greater right: the business owner to hire employees who will do their job in its entirety, or the worker who is being asked to do the same job as everyone else, but seeks a "special exception" which will cost the business revenues?

I don't pretend there is an easy answer.
________________
Technorati tags: , ,