Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Blogger Template Hacks

I am definitely not a computer scientist, or even nearly so.

However, I spent quite a few hours learning some of the language involved in Blogger 3.0 (layouts), and I did some Google work and bastardized others' scripts to produce a website I'm proud of (given my almost-nonexistent programming background):
http://www.gatorfreethought.org/


The reason I'm posting about it is because I wanted to share the post template in order to make life easier for others. I put in a few HTML comments to make it easier to analyze.

If you find it useful, please let me know. If you have questions, though, you might want to ask someone else, since I'm a novice :-) Please comment.

Here is the template as a .txt file, and here it is as an XML file (probably want to R-click and "Save As").