Thursday, June 5, 2008

Bush lied. People died. (and are still dying)

After the invasion of Iraq, as I've said before, I was blissfully unaware of the false intelligence used as justification for pre-emptive war. I saw people screaming, "Bush lied, people died!" Basically, I just thought they were "shrill" or "unhinged" or, in Orally's language, "far-left"...I thought that any mistakes made were made by intel people, and that the president was honest and didn't know any better.

Now we all know better.

The just-released report from Congress shows that Bush and Cheney used false intelligence that they knew was false in their arguments to the public.

Iraq is still a cancer, and it always will be. People want to say, "Okay, mistakes were made, but what is next?" Unfortunately, the fact that we involved ourselves in an immoral war makes ending this war as soon as possible the only moral option.