Tuesday, June 3, 2008

My "I told you so" moment

Ok, so it's time to gloat. Here is his full speech, and it is a great one.

Almost a year and a half ago, I put in my lot with Obama. In re-reading that post, it saddens me to see how much the Muslim rumors, propagated in large part by FauxNews' false report that he attended a Madrassa, have persisted. It also saddened me to see how race has played into the elections in large part due to Appalachian demographics. (BTW, see Montana, Iowa, Idaho...&c as a refutation of the claim that Obama can't win "working class whites").

Although there have been ups and downs, I saw his potential early on and I still see it.

He will make an excellent president.

Below, I've posted an electoral map prediction from Markos. I think it looks pretty good: Obama 283 - McCain 255. I would put money on an Obama win in 5 months just as I did put money on his primary victory in January 2007.


I can't wait!