Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Deep thoughts

I have a few days off and found myself immersed in deep thoughts. I think I'll join a gym. It would be healthier for me. Three heavy things have happened today.

First, I'm reading about existentialism (two books). My brain and soul started hurting after about 30 minutes of the first book, especially the excerpts from Tolstoy's Confession. Then I read Chris Hallquist's explication on why W.L. Craig is wrong about atheism entailing a life of absurdity. I can see now I need to go deeper with all this. It's what I need now.

Second, a friend of mine wrote a post on atheistic metaethics that is delicious. He even linked to a wonderful paper that completely destroys the theistic "response" to the Euthyphro Dilemma that claims God's nature "grounds" morality.

Third, I found a new site by an atheist who reminds me a lot of myself, (he even uses the Stephen Roberts quote in his header image!) and has published an e-book on Alonzo Fyfe's desire utilitarianism.

My head hurts but it's satisfying to think deeply. And freely.