Friday, October 19, 2007

Let's get rid of Joe Wilson (R) in November

I just sent the following email to Joe Wilson (also see wiki), Representative of SC's 2nd District:

Rep. Wilson,

I was quite saddened to see that you decided to stand with President Bush and uphold his veto of a much-needed improvement in children's health care funding. Given the $69,600 you received from healthcare-related PAC's in 2006, along with $7,000 from health insurance PAC's, I was not surprised in the slightest to see they have bought your vote.

I will be actively opposing your re-election as a result of this vote. I will be working as a political and community organizer within Columbia for the next year, and as a teacher I will use whatever influence I do have within my school to spread the word about your voting record, your funding sources and policy stances with my colleagues and friends. You were wrong on Guantanamo in June of 2005 and you are wrong on S-CHIP today. To borrow your own words from then, used against Democrats in 2005 who wanted an investigation into allegations of detainee abuses, "conducting guerrilla warfare on American" children is not the way to represent the people of your district, sir.

Truthfully,
nsfl