Thursday, February 22, 2007

"...Tonight, We Dine in Hell!"

I am prepared.
Are you?

I can honestly say that from the first time I saw the trailer, I knew this was going to be an epic. And so far, I've not read the first negative review, and I have been following them. My expectations are through the roof, and March 9th can't come soon enough.

Based (loosely) on the Battle of Thermopylae, a classic historical tale of bravery and treachery, directed by a violence and gore expert and full of vivid graphical detail by a renowned artistic (comics) legend, I know that 300 is going to be up there with LOTR for me on a short list of modern cinematic gemstones. It will be full of glory. It will be very gory. It will be amazing.

see also: rotten tomatoes, movieweb, expanded YouTube trailer
________________
Technorati tags: ,