Monday, August 11, 2008

Justifying the silence

This has been a wild week. We moved across town on Monday, picked up new furniture (baby stuff and a bedroom suit) through the week, helped my sister with her wedding on 8.8.08, and have been doing a lot here at the new place, with the help especially of my dad, who works like an Energizer once he's wound up...

I have a feeling that, with the baby coming so soon, it'll get a lot more quiet around here for a lot longer.

It's a little eerie to be on Google Street View and have such a clear view of the house:


View Larger Map

What I love the most is we're only about 2.1 mi from my workplace, and I can avoid the main arteries entirely (Garner's Ferry):



That's the back entrance to Hammond. The front entrance is just about one-half mile further: